The Snodgrass journey...

...orphans.



This is the Snodgrass' journey of adoption. By God's grace, we step out in faith to "add" to our family and "minus 1" orphan.

Well, it WAS "minus 1" orphan, but now it is "MINUS 2" ORPHANS!!!


"He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.” ~Ephesians 1:5

Friday, November 2, 2012

We got our first donation!!!

My heart is full. My heart is full. Did I say my heart is full???

On the letter we sent out to everyone, we broke it down to 80 donations of $250. That would get us where we need to be for all adoption costs (including the $10,000 we have saved ourselves).

Today, we got our first check of $250 from a wonderful couple who are very much like family to us. I won't put their names out here, but if they read this, they might remember the day they came to my office to drop something off and to my surprise, wrote us a check for the adoption. Thank you SO very much!!!

God continues to move in BIG ways. Why should I be surprised? He IS God afterall. But, my tiny human mind still gets amazed from time to time. But, the amazement has been a really good thing. We need to be reminded of what He is capable of doing.

Just last night, I received some really good news. Some news I will share at a later date. The news comes with a lot of excitement and a bit of fear...similar to the adoption process...excitement of what will come, but also a fear of the unknown. Fear that isn't overwhelming me, but is there. My dear husband reminded me, like he so often does...

The details are not always aligned with steps A-Z known from the get-go. If life was like this, we could and would work things out for ourselves, we would not need God. We have to let God work in His way. Always knowing how everything will work out, leaves no room for God. We must step back and let God lead the way. He is guiding us every step of the way...

Thankful for a husband who always points our family right back to the CROSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment