The Snodgrass journey...

...orphans.



This is the Snodgrass' journey of adoption. By God's grace, we step out in faith to "add" to our family and "minus 1" orphan.

Well, it WAS "minus 1" orphan, but now it is "MINUS 2" ORPHANS!!!


"He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.” ~Ephesians 1:5

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The gravity hit me, right there in my kitchen...

...making dinner for the family on a typical, somewhat boring (if I am being honest) Monday afternoon.

I happened to see a picture of Francis on Facebook. It was posted from an organization that does a lot of awesome work in the orphanage he is at. 

They have no idea who I am. 

They have no idea how much that picture means to someone half way across this world.

They have no idea that WE are working very hard to make this little one an orphan no more.

They have no idea...

And I was happy.

Happy to see a very recent picture of him.

Happy to see his sweet, sweet smile.

And off to dinner making I go.

And right there, somewhere in-between boiling the rice and sauteeing the veggies, something hit me inside.

I get to go to Ghana in March to meet them.

And I am oh, so very excited to see them face to face.

To hug them ever so tightly.

To show them the love that is already building up inside of me.

But, 

I will have to leave them.

I will have to leave two little boys that my heart has begun to call my own.

How will I ever be able to say goodbye...right after I finally get to say hello? 

I put my head in my hands and have a really good cry...trying to keep this moment to myself.

And then I finish dinner because two little kiddos playing in the living room need me today.

And for all of it, I am grateful.


"But you, oh Lord, do not be far off! Oh you my help, come quickly to my aid." ~Psalm 22:19

No comments:

Post a Comment