The Snodgrass journey...

...orphans.



This is the Snodgrass' journey of adoption. By God's grace, we step out in faith to "add" to our family and "minus 1" orphan.

Well, it WAS "minus 1" orphan, but now it is "MINUS 2" ORPHANS!!!


"He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.” ~Ephesians 1:5

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

God continues to show how His hand covers us...

In the midst of almost completing our Homestudy. Literally, was waiting on one document to come in the mail and we just got it this week. Praise God. Currently, working with our social worker to make final revisions. I sent an email to our awesome point of contact, Anita, and this is how she responded:

"Once you have the final copy of your homestudy please scan a copy and send it to me for your file. Then, you're officially waiting! That's all there is to do until your referral arrives."

What a surreal feeling. I cannot quite describe it. Surreal, for sure.

Now, back to my original point of this message...(yes, my mind can easily get side tracked these days as there is SO very much on my mind). :)

God is orchestrating ways slowly, but surely. And along the way, He gives us settle reminders that He is taking care of things in His timing.

On our official adoption letter to our family & friends, we asked for them to prayerfully consider partnering with us. Specifically, we are seeking 80 contributions of $250 each. That would equal $20,000. That, to go along with the $10,000 we have already saved ourselves for the adoption would get us where we need to be in order to fund the entire process.

Last weekend, Scott's grandmother came for a visit and handed us an envelope with the words "Minus 1 Orphan" written on the outside. Inside was cash. Exactly one of our 80 contributions. Praise God!

This past Monday morning, I woke up to check my email and noticed there was a deposit in our PayPal account (specifically created for the adoption fund) and another contribution for $250 was there! A sweet girl from our church. I say girl because she is younger than me (and I am ancient, so everyone is younger than me)! ;)  The awesome part here, I do not know her well. But, that didn't matter. She gave from her heart and for that, I am so very grateful.

Monday evening we had a covenant meeting at our church. Another check for $100 was given to us. This time, the parents of a new peer/friend I recently met. Her parents, I have NEVER met. Truly speechless on this one.

Then, as if God didn't already show up in BIG ways to us over the past few days, as we were walking to our car in the parking lot after the church meeting, yet another young, sweet couple stopped us to give us a card. Inside, words that warmed my heart as well as ANOTHER contribution for $250 to Minus1Orphan!

And last, but certainly not least...a dear friend from high school who already gave to Minus1, again contributed to the fund this week. Amazing.

Humbled, yet feeling His love surround our family. My eyes are filled with tears of JOY as I write this post.

Seeing God move in incredible ways in others to support the mission HE has called us to is
JUST -SO - BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment