The Snodgrass journey...

...orphans.



This is the Snodgrass' journey of adoption. By God's grace, we step out in faith to "add" to our family and "minus 1" orphan.

Well, it WAS "minus 1" orphan, but now it is "MINUS 2" ORPHANS!!!


"He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.” ~Ephesians 1:5

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Band Aid.

Huh? you say....why did my post header read Band Aid?

Well, I will tell you. :)

There is a song I have always loved at Christmastime. It's a song by Band Aid. Yes, it shows my age a little, but who cares.

"Do They Know It's Christmas?" is a song written by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure in 1984 to raise money for relief of the 1983--1985 famine in Ethiopia. There are many popular artists including Sting and Bono (two of my all time favorites!). Click here to see the youtube video: Do They Know It's Christmas?

I was in a store a couple weeks before Christmas, doing a little Christmas shopping and this song came on. I began singing along as is par for the course with me and a song I love. I got to the part "there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas". And it hit me. Right there. In the middle of Gordman's. There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas. There won't be snow in Ghana, where we are adopting from this Christmas. Honestly, we didn't have snow either. But it's more than the snow. The snow is symbolic for SO much more. At Christmastime this year, I was surrounded by the three most important earthly figures to me, my husband and my two children. That in itself is reason to celebrate. We stayed in our home and ate way too much food.

But...

The children in Africa. The orphans in Africa.

One donation we did as a family this year was give to Ghana Make a Difference. They were collecting funds to provide a Christmas dinner for many orphans in Ghana. A Christmas dinner. That's all. If there were funds left over, gifts would be given, but that wasn't a sure thing. My heart was drawn to this need. Something so simple, a dinner, that we so often take for granted.

Jesus, I pray for these orphans, in Ghana and beyond. Lord, show them love. Stir in the hearts of many to hear the call to give one of these precious orphans a forever home, a forever family. This is my Christmas prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment