The Snodgrass journey...

...orphans.



This is the Snodgrass' journey of adoption. By God's grace, we step out in faith to "add" to our family and "minus 1" orphan.

Well, it WAS "minus 1" orphan, but now it is "MINUS 2" ORPHANS!!!


"He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.” ~Ephesians 1:5

Thursday, October 4, 2012

And there was a set back...

Our agency, AAI, is discontinuing their Ghana program.

Anita, the person over the Ghana program for AAI was stepping down. I can't blame her. Her reasons were completely understandable. She, too, has adopted. And she currently has 4 children at home. She felt the need to spend more time with them. Honestly, I am happy for her. Not happy for us.

Just as I was about to send off our adoption contract and first ‘big’ fee, something told me to wait. The packet was sitting right there. Right by my desk at work. Right where I wouldn't miss it. I saw it everyday. I kept intending to send it, but I didn't. And then I got an email from Anita saying 'there may be something to the timing of all this'. So, again, I waited. Our Holy Spirit has a way of guiding us sometimes. For that, I am thankful. For this set back, I am not. I cannot lie. It is a tough pill to swallow. The email came Tuesday, September 18th in the afternoon and it felt like someone had just punched me in the gut.

We were finally really moving forward...so I thought. Secured the agency for a homestudy. Started working on the blog. A friend assisting me on a letter to send out to family & friends to share the good news of our journey. And then this. I left work in tears, feeling a bit defeated. Yes, confused as I (we) both felt/feel God leading us to adopt from Ghana. I was able to speak briefly with Anita and she gave us some options: continue with AAI and look into their Burkina Faso or Congo programs, move on to another agency that has a current program in Ghana or try to adopt independently through Ghana (something I have NO info about whatsoever). We did not know what the set back meant. Scott reassured me that we WILL adopt. That we must trust in HIM who has called us to adopt. That God is allowing this to happen for a reason and we need to follow HIS lead. Oh, so true. And, oh, so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment